Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Wonder, A Rose

Often I wonder.
Can I hear you in that thunder?
Can I feel you in the rain,
Or is it all just in vain?

It's been so many years,
Since your voice was upon my ears.
I never will let go,
Of what I hardly came to know.

I miss you more than you'll ever know,
And I wish that you had been able to see me grow.
It really isn't easy to walk along these roads,
back hunched to ever solemn loads.

Although your pain was great,
Still my heart did not abate.
When you finally left me,
And at long last were free.

I used to wonder weather if I'd eaten all my food,
Or used words very much less crude.
If that would have made any difference at all,
At least till I heard your august call.

I don't know if its right,
But I wish it every night.
For its something that I lack,
And I'd gladly have you back.

For my mother, Febuary 10th 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment