Monday, June 13, 2011

An Awakening

I see no truth in what has been said,
Nor force behind hallow words read.
A love that never yields,
Echos through hate's fields.

A bold claim to see what lies ahead,
Yielding a false tyrant instead.
A lie that goes claims to love,
The flood undone by a dove.

The man who came to save,
Left but an empty grave.
Or so we were told,
By clever men so bold.

I see no difference in such faith,
Although his form a wraith.
No claim made too true,
To justify it when its through.

An idea no one can understand,
Has captivated this land.
And claims its tyrant's fist,
Shall save us from his list.

Such a story told today,
would surely put its teller away.
But through time it has survived,
And in ignorance thrived.

I reject it not out of hand,
for it has no legs with which to stand.
Choose this poison if you will,
But as for me I've had my fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment